The Alaska Gateway School District offers a variety of opportunities for high school students to earn college/university credit through two programs:
- Dual Credit Program - get reimbursed for taking university classes and earn high school credit for those classes
- Tech Prep Program - earn university credit for taking specific high school classes
Dual Credit Program
The Alaska Gateway School District Dual Credit Program provides students with an opportunity to get reimbursed for taking specific university classes and earn high school credit for those classes.
- Please see the Dual Credit Reimbursement Pre-Approval and University Transcription Request Form for detailed information.
- We currently partner with UAF in order to offer discounted pricing through their e-Campus Advantage program. When students sign up for these courses, we receive a discounted tuition rate of only $495 for a 3-credit course (not including textbooks or other course materials).
- For more information on signing up for a dual credit course, please contact Mr. Jeff Deeter.
Tech Prep Program
The Alaska Gateway School District Tech Prep Credit Program provides students with opportunities to earn university credit for taking specific high school courses. Costs for these courses generally range from $0-$25 per university credit. A list of current AGSD high school courses eligible for university credit will be posted soon.